Daily Tours with Guaranteed DepartureMarch 29, 2017
Up the Bucovina’s Border TourMarch 29, 2017
Choose our Bucovina Tour and enjoy all the most important treasures of Bucovina.
Starting in the city that used to host the Moldavian Princely Court, let us explore sites of beauty and major significance for the local community, all located within easy reach from Suceava. Whether it is about the interesting timber and stone structure at Adâncata Monastery, the intricate carved stone details at Dragomirna Monastery, the picturesque eave belt at the Pătrăuți church or the peaceful countryside in between, we are sure you will appreciate this authentic Bukovina tour.
Itinerary: Suceava – Adâncata Monastery – Dragomirna Monastery – Pătrăuți Church – Suceava
– Start the day with a short transfer to the 16th century Adâncata Monastery. While not at all elaborate, the monastery church appeals with its fortress-like appearance, where the original timber structure was later completed and enforced with stone walls. And, not least, there is the 21st century addition of a regular children creation camp where participants paint religious artifacts and restore old heritage items.
– Go on to the most impressive piece on the tour, with the 17th century Dragomirna Monastery, the tallest medieval monastery in the whole of Bukovina. Nicknamed a ‘joyful surprise’, it will certainly draw the eye with its delicate carved stone steeple and walls.
– End the tour in a serene, bucolic countryside spot, at Pătrăuți, with the local Church of the Holy Cross set in the 15th century. While not as well preserved as the more famous painted monasteries West of Suceava, the one in Pătrăuți is pleasantly small, still bears picturesque frescoes on the facade and a most interesting tile belt running under a part of the eaves.
PRICE: 35 EUR/pers
* guaranteed departure for min. 3 persons
All tours can be book as private or shared tours.
We can start the tours from anywhere in Suceava.
Observation: The tour is provided by a licenced tour guide.
- transportation with modern AC car/minivan
- licensed tour guide
Please fill the form bellow: